Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Charly Caruso has not been on-screen for WWE lately because of the dreaded backstage heat. Fightful Select reports she was late to several Raw interview tapings, specifically mentioning ones with Randy Orton & Sheamus. When Vince McMahon found out, he “took exception” and the decision was made to remove her from television.
- The recent hiring of Kevin Patrick was in part to replace Caruso. Some in the locker room think her contract is almost up, but that hasn’t been confirmed.
- Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon has disappeared from WWE’s promotion for Fastlane, and speculation is the match won’t be happening at Sunday’s PPV.
- During his interview on Talk Is Jericho, Paul Wight said we came close to getting a John Cena, Big Show & Justin Bieber vs. The Wyatts match at SummerSlam one year, but it fell through when WWE only offered to promote Bieber’s current album rather than pay him. “Bieber was on-board, he was excited,” according to Wight, but a WWE decision-maker said, ”‘I just don’t see how Justin Bieber’s going to relate to our audience.’”
- Impact has a streaming special, Hardcore Justice, set to go head-to-head with night one of WrestleMania 37. Post Wrestling’s John Pollock says “other options are being discussed, so it’s possible the start time could change.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.