Look at that face.
WWE Women’s Tag Team champion Shayna Baszler was making that face most of the night last night (Mar. 12) on SmackDown.
Why is she making that face? There are so many possible, even likely, reasons…
- Her tag partner Nia Jax’s boy toy Reginald
- That her tag partner has somehow turned getting Carmella’s sloppy seconds into a SmackDown Women’s title shot next Friday
- Being forced to watch her tag partner Nia Jax put “Reggie” in six different suits and then make him sit in her lap
- Watching her tag partner Nia Jax pretend Reginald has the best suit game on SmackDown when Seth Rollins is RIGHT THERE
- Just her tag partner Nia Jax, in general
- That WWE has learned nothing from how they overbooked Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch’s no brainer WrestleMania feud two years ago, and is repeating those same mistakes with Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair in 2021
- That WWE thinks it’s a good idea to have Bianca Belair taking pins from (checks notes) TAMINA with only five weeks to go until she challenges Sasha Banks for the SmackDown Women’s title at WrestleMania 37
- That there’s a good chance Bianca Belair will take another loss at Fastlane next weekend
There’s one thing that could make turn that scowl around, though. Maybe another shot at the Raw Women’s title? Baszler surprisingly came up short last year, but maybe with Asuka’s status up in the air, she could pull it off this time? Nia, and Paul Heyman, seem to think so…
It’s not quite a smile, but…
… I’ll join her. If only to save us from another “babyface” Charlotte Flair title reigns.