NJPW New Japan Cup 2021 Tournament Night 1 Results & Night 2 Card
March 5, 2021
Tokyo, Japan – Korakuen Hall
NJPW New Japan Cup 2021 Night 1 Quick Match Results:
- DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr., & Minoru Suzuki defeated Yuya Uemura, Gabriel Kidd, & Tomoaki Honma via Gotch Style Piledriver (pinfall 10:46)
- Taiji Ishimori, Chase Owens, Yujiro Takahashi, & EVIL defeated Tiger Mask, David Finlay, YOSHI-HASHI, & Hiroshi Tanahashi via Scorpion Deathlock (submission 11:40)
- Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb, & Will Ospreay defeated Master Wato, Satoshi Kojima, & Hiroyoshi Tenzan via Tour of the Islands (pinfall 9:14)
- New Japan Cup 2021 tournament First Round match – Toru Yano defeated Bad Luck Fale via Countout (5:50)
- New Japan Cup 2021 tournament First Round match – Hirooki Goto defeated Taichi via GTR (pinfall 22:43)
Here is the full card for Night 2 of NJPW’s New Japan Cup 2021 tournament, which takes place this Saturday at the Ota City General Gymnasium in Tokyo, Japan. Night 2 airs live on New Japan World starting at 3:00AM EST.
- Yuya Uemura, David Finlay, & Toa Henare vs. Taiji Ishimori, Chase Owens, & Jay White
- BUSHI, SANADA, & Tetsuya Naito vs. Jeff Cobb, Will Ospreay, & Great-O-Khan
- New Japan Cup 2021 tournament First Round match – Tomoaki Honma vs. Minoru Suzuki
- New Japan Cup 2021 tournament First Round match – Juice Robinson vs. KENTA
- New Japan Cup 2021 tournament First Round match – Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi
Full Card for Friday’s Episode of NJPW Strong
New Japan Pro Wrestling recently announced the full card for tonight’s Road to Strong Style Evolved 2021 themed episode of NJPW Strong, which airs on New Japan World starting at 10PM EST.
- Alex Coughlin & Karl Fredericks vs. Kevin Knight & Clark Connors
- New Japan Cup USA 2021 Qualifying match – The DKC vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor
- New Japan Cup USA 2021 Qualifying match – Rocky Romero vs. Lio Rush
Misc. Wrestling News & Notes
Impact Wrestling reportedly has halted production of their Xplosion series for the foreseeable future, according to PWInsider. Mike Johnson reported that the reason is due to Impact officials wanting to focus more on their new Before The Impact series that airs as the lead-in to their Impact! shows.
Joey Ryan reportedly recently dropped a lawsuit against one of his accusers, according to HeelByNature.com. It was reported that this lawsuit was initially ruled in favor of Ryan but as a default judgement resulting in no monetary compensation. Ryan’s lawyer reportedly filed a “Notice of Dismissal” to the United States District Court Central District Of California on March 2nd requesting that his lawsuit be dismissed “without prejudice.”
NJPW announced that they will be holding two Wrestle Grand Slam stadium events in the month of May. The first event will take place on May 15th at the Yokohama Stadium in Yokohama, Japan. The second event will take place on May 29th at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.
The National Wrestling Alliance recently released a new video hyping up the return of their NWA Powerrr series and their upcoming Back for the Attack pay-per-view event.
Major League Wrestling reportedly has recently been hiring more production level staff, according to PWInsider. Mike Johnson reported that this increase in production staff is due to their current content expansion plans and rumored new second television show.
MLW announced a new match for the card of their March 10th episode of MLW Fusion:
- National Openweight Championship – LA Park vs. Alexander Hammerstone