Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
AEW had previously booked a 10-man tag match between Matt Hardy, Private Party, & TH2 against the Dark Order for Dynamite, but it has been changed thanks to Hardy knocking on Tony Khan’s forbidden door. Money Matt requested a PPV preview of Hardy and Hangman Page in the same ring. Khan granted the favor, and the new contest will be Hardy & Marq Quen versus Hangman & John Silver.
Hardy referenced Silver saying he would kill Hardy. Here’s the clip Hardy is talking about.
If you are wondering why Silver’s pants are undone, well…
Don’t ask questions that you don’t want the answer to
— John Silver (@SilverNumber1) March 1, 2021
“Road to AEW Dynamite: The Crossroads,” featured hype for Tully Blanchard returning to the ring and Shaquille O’Neal making his AEW wrestling debut. The material is similar to what we saw last week on Dynamite, but it is still good in pumping up the emotion for tonight.
AEW also penned a lengthy article on their website about Blanchard’s career (here). It is a good introduction explaining why the man is special.
Chris Jericho and MJF put to rest any conspiracy theories that they didn’t actually inflict pain on the Young Bucks’ father.
I watched this go down it was hysterical
— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) February 26, 2021
Vickie Guerrero explained her absence from supporting Nyla Rose ringside. She has been busy in successful business meetings for the Vicious Vixens. The video was posted before Rose’s win over Dr. Britt Baker DMD, but the essence of the message still stands.
Nyla Rose is set to wrestle Ryo Mizunami in the tournament final on Dynamite. The winner earns a title shot against Hikaru Shida. The champ has her preference for the type of match at the Revolution PPV on March 7.
Also on Dynamite, 10 will compete against Max Caster in a qualifier for the PPV ladder match. The winner will join Cody Rhodes, Pentagon, Scorpio Sky, and Lance Archer as five of the six participants. It was announced that Tony Khan will reveal the final person during tonight’s show. I’m putting money on a big man worthy of big hype on a big show. Not to be confused with a go big show. Big Show appearing on Go-Big Show would be like when the Ghostbusters cross streams of their proton packs.
Being the Elite
“Back When You Were A Jobber” – Being The Elite, Ep. 245 (here) featured:
- Matt Jackson was jamming on the keyboard when his children informed him that AEW signed Big Show. They reminded Matt about being chokeslammed through a table back when he was a jobber for WWE. Matt panicked and split.
- Kenny Omega opened a package of vintage WCW trading cards. He also unveiled new custom Jordan sneakers.
- Matt Hardy plotted with Isiah Kassidy and TH2 to take out the Dark Order. (This was for the original 10-man tag, which has now been changed.) Hardy offered them a bonus if they succeed.
- Alex Reynolds and John Silver were still on the search for Sting. They tried calling him with a Stinger howl. Eddie Kingston told them to shut up. They were messing up his meditation time.
- Dark Order was angry about losing the Kung Fu fight to Ortiz. Alex Abrahantes vowed to get payback.
- The Vicious Vixens added Ryzin to their crew.
- Dark Order regrouped to help 5 heal after being thrown off the stage by Matt Hardy. Hangman Page wandered in to shove Stu Grayson when they argued about the size of 5’s small penis. Hangman informed the crew that they might have a multi-man tag match on Dynamite.
- The Good Brothers were upset about the attack to Papa Buck. Brandon Cutler was passed out asleep. Luke Gallows slipped Papa Buck a few Viagra pills. They put a pill in Cutler’s mouth, and it kicked in right away.
This episode had the typical goofiness associated with BTE. With the audible being called on the 10-man tag, there’s not much relevant to Dynamite.
We’ll close with a new shirt from Kenny Omega. He chose the humble approach to the design.