Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is handing out “violations” to talent for social media posts that mention any third party business, person, brand or charity, reports Wrestling Inc.
- “Violations” start with a warning before proceeding to fines and suspensions. WWE is citing a clause in talent contracts which grants them exclusive use of signee’s likenesses to claim ownership of talent Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- This has predictably not gone over well in the locker room, but Inc says WWE’s telling talent who complain the company could retract “the current ‘flexibility’ allowed in social media.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said he heard from one person in Impact who said that the creative Sammy Guevara turned down “was something he should’ve turned down”.
- PW Insider says the New Japan/Impact crossover arrangement was in the works before AEW and New Japan’s agreement was in place.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.