Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes we may not know the top WrestleMania 37 matches until a few weeks before the show.
- They also say Shinsuke Nakamura is not currently being considered as a possible opponent for Roman Reigns at the show.
- He had mentioned talk of it already but Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that AEW will indeed move the Revolution pay-per-view to Sun., Mar. 7, 2021. The move was apparently made because AEW doesn’t want to go up against Canelo Alvarez’s next fight or a triple championship UFC card.
- PW Insider notes that Superstar Spectacle was overseen by Triple H and the NXT team, and the event was done to present NXT Indian talents “in the strongest light possible.”
- The Observer notes that while Ryback has teased signing somewhere, he won’t be signing with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.