Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez said that even though it sounds crazy, a person in NXT told him that this week’s (Jan. 20) episode was the beginning of a heel turn for Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter.
- On WWE’s The Bump, Chad Gable said that Jason Jordan is “trying to get back” from his career-threatening injury, and he hopes there will be an American Alpha reunion one day.
- Jonathan Coachman mentioned to Chris Van Vliet that one of Vince McMahon’s quirky rules is that nobody is allowed to sleep on his private jet unless Vince is also asleep. It was a frustrating experience, because McMahon rarely went to sleep.
- According to PW Insider, Vice’s Dark Side of the Ring is working on an episode about Chris Kanyon.
- Fightful says that Parker Boudreaux, a football player who has an uncanny resemblance to Brock Lesnar, was backstage at this week’s NXT.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.