Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s at least some speculation that Adam Pearce won’t end up being Roman Reigns’ opponent at Royal Rumble after all, and Kevin Owens will get that spot.
- Kurt Angle said on his Facebook that he couldn’t make WWE Legends Night because of a prior commitment he couldn’t get out of.
- WrestleMania 24 was taken off the WWE Network recently and the speculation is that it has to do with music rights and will be restored shortly.
- Per Wrestling Inc, Dalton Castle is a free agent right now. Ring of Honor has apparently offered him a good deal but he’s exploring his options.
- SI says Rush and Dragon Lee are expected to sign new deals with Ring of Honor within the next week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.