Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The move to send guys like Keith Lee and Otis for more training is because Vince McMahon wants more “monsters”, says Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. “Historically whenever WWE business is bad, Vince blames smaller guys on top, but right now, his thought process is he doesn’t have big guys who can work at that level.”
- TLC’s Firefly Inferno match was stopped during filming on occasion as WWE did retakes of dangerous spots, according to WrestlingNews.co.
- WWE’s is talking about launching a lucha libre series that would essentially be NXT Mexico, says Wrestling Inc. This would be in addition to the NXT India and the TV show Triple H put a team together for that would fill the role of the pre-pandemic Florida house show circuit.
- Meltzer said on Observer Radio that AEW will be running their shows out of Daily’s Place in Jacksonville for a while yet, “until the world changes essentially.”
- Mance Warner confirmed to Wrestling Inc that he did ask for his release from MLW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.