Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon likes Riddle and thinks he’s “very funny in his own weird way,” according to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. Vince may not see him as a main eventer, but does see him as deserving regular TV time.
- Somewhat conflicting reports on Keith Lee continue. On Observer Radio, Meltzer said Vince thinks Lee is “not ready” for a main event spot just yet. The additional training Lee and others are getting isn’t viewed internally as a demotion, but as making sure they’re ready for a prime spot down the line.
- On the other hand, Ringside News’ sources say Vince “doesn’t see it in” Lee. They say the backstage reaction might be different if there were crowds, but right now “Vince can only go by what he feels, or what Kevin Dunn says on headsets.”
- Ringside also claims Lars Sullivan hasn’t been at SmackDown since his sit-down interview with Michael Cole on Nov. 6.
- Kevin Owens told Inside The Ropes’ Kenny McIntosh that WWE considered Shane & Vince McMahon as WrestleMania 34 opponents for him & Sami Zayn. Vince opted to focus on running the show, and Daniel Bryan’s return made him a logical choice as Shane’s partner.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.